Step 1 - Connect the IP phone to your network
- Plug a UTP Ethernet cable connected to your network (Hub, Switch or Router) on RJ-45 LAN port at the back side of your Grandstream GXP2000.
- Plug the power supply of your Grandstream GXP2000 on the power port at the back side of your device and then on a power socket.
Step 2 - Verify the IP address of your IP phone
The Grandstream GXP2000 is coming standard configured with its DHCP client enabled. A DHCP sever required in your network in order to provide it with an IP address. The IP address, assigned to your IP phone, should be displayed on the LCD.
If you do not see the IP address given automatically to your IP phone on its display, press the round menu button then the down arrow until the display shows: STATUS. Press the round menu button then again and read the IP address given to your phone (e.g. 192.168.111.93).
Step 3 - Use a browser to login and configure your phone
Open a web browser to the address: http://<IPADDRESS>,
where <IPADDRESS>is the IP address of your Grandstream GXP2000 (found previously during the pre-configuration step 2). You will be prompted to enter a password (the default is "admin"); then click the "Login" button. Click on “Account 1” to configure your first line.
- Set Account Name to: Voiceglobe
- Set SIP Server to: sip1.voiceglobe.net
- Set SIP User ID to: <Your Voiceglobe Account ID>: 80xxxxxx
- Set Authenticate Password to: <Your Voiceglobe Account Password>
- Set Name to: <Your Name> (visible to the others when you call)
- Set User ID is phone number to: Yes
- Set SIP Registration to: Yes
- Set Voice Mail UserID to: *98
- Set Send DTMF to: via SIP INFO
- Set Preffered Vocoder to: G.729A/B, PCMU, PCMA
Click on the "Update" button at the bottom of the form and press "Reboot" in order your changes to take effect.
Step 4 - Start using your Grandstream GXP2000
Pick up the phone, hear the dial tone, and start dialling:
|Other Voiceglobe users for FREE:
||dial <Voiceglobe account> #|
||dial * 9 8 #|
|Account balance announcement:
||dial * 1 1 #|
|Any PSTN line worldwide:
||dial <COUNTRY code><phone number> #|