Grandstream HT 486
Step 1 - Connect Grandstream HT 486 to your network
- Plug the cord of your analogue telephone on RJ-11 FXS port at the back side of your Grandstream HT 486.
- Plug a UTP Ethernet cable connected to your network (Hub, Switch or Router) on RJ-45 WAN port at the back side of your Grandstream HT 486.
- Plug a UTP Ethernet cable connected to any browser equipped computer on your network on RJ-45 LAN port at the back side of your Grandstream HT 486. Make sure that your PC Ethernet Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is set to “Obtain an IP address automatically” .
- Plug the power supply on the power port and then on a power socket.
Step 2 - Use a browser to login and configure your ATA
The Grandstream HT 486 is coming standard configured with its DHCP client enabled on its WAN interface. A DHCP server required in your network in order to provide it with an IP address.
Open a web browser to the address: http://192.168.2.1/. You will be prompted to enter a password; the default is "admin".
Click the "Login" button and set the following parameters:
- Set SIP Server to: sip1.voiceglobe.net
- Set SIP User ID to: <YOUR Voiceglobe Account>
- Set Authenticate Password to: <YOUR Voiceglobe Account Password>
- Set Name to: <YOUR Name>
- Set Preferred Vocoder to:
- choice 1: G.729AB
- choice 2: PCMU
- choice 3: PCMA
- Set User ID is phone number to: Yes
- Set SIP Registration to: Yes
- Set Unregister On Reboot to: Yes
- Set Send DTMF to: via SIP INFO
Click on the "Update" button at the bottom of the form. On the next screen click on the only available option: "Click to view your changes". Click on the "Reboot" button.
Step 3 - Start using your ATA
- Pick up the phone, hear the dial tone, and start dialling:
|Other Voiceglobe users for FREE:
||dial <Voiceglobe account> #|
||dial * 9 8 #|
|Account balance announcement:
||dial * 1 1 #|
|Any PSTN line worldwide:
||dial <COUNTRY code><phone number> #|