Step 1 - Connect Grandstream BT101/102 to your network
- Plug a UTP Ethernet cable connected to your network (Hub, Switch or Router) on RJ-45 LAN port at the back side of your Grandstream BT101/102.
- Plug the power supply on the power port and then on a power socket.
Step 2 - Use a browser to login and configure your IP phone
The Grandstream BT101/102 is coming standard configured with its DHCP client enabled on its LAN interface. A DHCP server required in your network in order to provide it with an IP address.
To determine the IP addres of your IP phone, press the menu button, then the down arrow next to it until the display shows:  IP Addr. Now, press the menu button again and you will be shown the IP address of your device (e.g. 192.168.111.95)
Open a web browser to the address: http://<IP Address>/, where <IP Address>is the IP address of your IP phone given above. You will be prompted to enter a password; the default is "admin".
Click the "Login" button and set the following parameters:
- Set SIP Server to: sip1.voiceglobe.net
- Set SIP User ID to: <YOUR Voiceglobe Account>
- Set Authenticate Password to: <YOUR Voiceglobe Account Password>
- Set Name to: <YOUR Name>
- Set Preferred Vocoder to:
- choice 1: G.729AB
- choice 2: PCMU
- choice 3: PCMA
- Set User ID is phone number to: Yes
- Set SIP Registration to: Yes
- Set Unregister On Reboot to: Yes
- Set Send DTMF to: via SIP INFO
- Set Voice Mail User ID to: *98
Click on the "Update" button at the bottom of the form. On the next screen click on the only available option: "Click to view your changes". Click on the "Reboot" button.
Step 3 - Start using your IP phone
- Pick up the phone, hear the dial tone, and start dialling:
|Other Voiceglobe users for FREE:
||dial <Voiceglobe account> #|
||dial * 9 8 #|
|Account balance announcement:
||dial * 1 1 #|
|Any PSTN line worldwide:
||dial <COUNTRY code><phone number> #|